Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why Did You Name Your Blog That???

Some new albums coming out today that I am actually interested in either buying or downloading:

Janet Jackson: http://www.janetjackson.com/. The name of the album is "Discipline". Hopefully, JD will pour some of that production luck on this album the same way he did for Mariah Carey.

Erkyah Badu: http://www.erykahbadu.com/ I love this woman! She has never let me down yet. From the sheer name and her past work, I will download this album from Itunes.

Why is the name of my blog, "Let Your Life Do The Singing"? This came from a verse from my Alma mater, Hampton University, and the school song:

“Oh, Hampton, we never can make thee a song, except as our lives do the singing. In service that will thy great spirit prolong, and send it through centuries ringing!"

Everyday, I try to live by this mantra. We live in such a "microwave" society, everything has to be done, given to us, etc. right now and fast, that sometimes we forget that anything worth having takes hard work, and dedication. Never stop learning, and taking the time to help someone else is something that I am always striving to do. You can't make it alone, you just can't. The quicker you realize that, the better off you will be. So, if you are doing the right thing, and trying to help someone else, maybe you can shut up and let you life do the singing.

1 comment:

Vee said...

I am hearing good tings about janet's album, i know she has kicked up the promo on this one and she is going on tour too!
congrats on the new blog :)