Sunday, July 13, 2008

Music Tag

The Soultress has tagged me so here we go:

"List seven songs that you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

1. Chuck Brown "Woody Woodpecker"--Some days I miss home, so it's good to listen to the Godfather and the rhythm instantly takes me back home.

2. "Wear It Out"--Gerald Levert--This is from the "Stroke of Genius" album. The title says it all, so there is no explanation needed.

3. "Da' Butt"--EU----Got to love this song!! For your young people, this song came off of The School Daze soundtrack.

4. "Stepped on My J'z" (Nelly/JD)--....trying to avoid the rotten tomatoes thrown my way. I know I know, before you say anything....I like the song, it's quite catchy, and I know MJ cut a nice check to Nelly for this one!!

5. "Round and Round"(LSG) This album was slept on! There are some serious tracks on this album and I am glad R Kelly didnt make the cut because I don't the group would not have the same chemistry.

6. "Soon and Very Soon" (Andre Crouch)--I have a gospel playlist on the Ipod and I try to get some gospel in before work and this songs seems to get in on many mornings.

7. "Brooklyn" (The Fuzz Band)---This is a jazzed up tune by my peeps from HU. If you don't know about the The Fuzz Band and I am going to need for you to google!!

Soulstress...now you can stop cutting your eyes at my outdated blog!! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan. Here are my 7.

1. "Need U Bad" by Jazmine Sullivan - Her Lauryn Hill-esk voice makes this song just grabs you and touches your soul.

2. "In Love with Another Man" by Jazmine Sullivan - I loved the first song so much I had to see what else she had out there. And this song moved me because I've been there before.

3. "Do I Do" by Stevie Wonder - Stevie is the man. I love all his songs, but I heard this when I went into a store last week and I can't get it out of my mind.

4. "Lookin' Boy" by Hot Stylz - Yes I'm shamed about it but this song makes me laugh.

5. "Safe in His Arms" by Vicki Winans - I was going through my ipod and this spoke to me. It gives me comfort in these trying times.

6. "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Algebra Blessett - Even if you don't like math you're going to love Algebra. Check her out.

7. "Are You Ready" by Aloe Blacc - It takes me back to my club days with a little house flavor. I heard it on someone else's MySpace page and loved it.

Camellia