Friday, July 18, 2008

See Mom...I Didn't Forget!!

Im Going Up Yonder - Shirley Ceaser


I was thinking about my mother so I had to write a post about her. Those Sunday mornings when she has the kitchen crackling with fresh bacon,eggs,and her homemade pancakes.I am upstairs in my bed, "pretending" to be sleep so I can miss the bus to go to Sunday School. But that's not going to happen today. Mom gets out of the kitchen, goes to the bottom of the stairs and screams "Get up and get ready for Sunday School because I know you are not sleep!" But hey can't a fault a brotha' for trying.

Whether it was Shirley Casear, Rev. James Cleveland, Walter Hawkins, The Clark Sisters or Dottie Peoples, I will never forget my mother having the good old-school gospel show by WHUR 96.3, hosted by Patrick Ellis. I think it was her way to thank the Lord because she always didn't get the chance to the House of The Lord, but that show was on without fail. So, as I get older, and moving to the QC, I am still looking for a new home, I find myself now listening to these same songs on a daily basis. The technology I have, (Ipod, Itunes), allows me to explore new gospel music, but sometimes search for those songs that Mom had on Sunday mornings.

http://www.wowgospelonline.com/

Thank you Mom! I love ya, you are always in my thoughts!!

No comments: