Thursday, July 24, 2008

That's My Song!

Happy Thursday to All!

"Bump and Grind"--R Kelly
"Feenin'"--Jodeci
"Nothing Ever Felt Like This"--Will Downing/Rachelle Ferrell
"Billie Jean"--Michael Jackson
"Summertime"--DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince

Some of the songs for the soundtrack of my life. What are some of the songs that are the soundtrack of your life. It's just amazing to me how some songs, by the introduction, first 8 bars, or even when the lead singer opens their mouth to sing the first note, take you there. Take you to place in your life: good or bad, loving or hating someone, a particular event, or just a special moment in your life. I don't know how that works, I need to research that to tell you the truth. But whenever my "soundtrack" songs, the 4 W's come right to mind. "What, When, Where, and Why".

Music is a powerful thing but school administration are quick to look at the Arts when its time to trim the budget. So, take some me time today and listen to some songs that represent the soundtrack of your life!

Take It Easy

1 comment:

QuietStorm said...

Me likey this post!

Off the top of my head:

Jodeci: Cry 4 u
Toni Braxton: Breathe Again
Toni Braxton: Just be a man about it
MJB & K-ci: I dont want to do anything
Amerie- 1 thing
rick & teena- fire & desire
Ang Winbush- ur smile
Keri Hilson-energy (i kno this song is new but it applies to many a things hehe)
Jay-Z-big pimpin
Usher-u got it bad