Monday, March 10, 2008

The Gym....Working on Patience!

Hey, I am trying to do right by going to the gym. I pack my gym clothes in my bag when I go to work, so I have no excuse about having to go home and changing. All I want to do is go in do my thing and roll out. But, is not that simple these days. There are far too many temptations I see...

No, no I am not talking about those temptations...get your head out of the gutter please. I am not talking about those young, supple women who know what they are doing by walking in there with those tight spandex pants and sport bras and they get on the elliptical machines in the very very front so us guys can get a free show. They know what they are doing :)....oh, and why do they always have to bend over in front of me to get the cleaning bottle to wash the machine when they are done? Why, why?

But I digress, what I am speaking of is that big, oval table that sits in front of the welcome desk. Pizza Hut....Papa Johns....Subway...Chinese...Italian....Jersey Mikes....and ANY other food coupon you could desire!! So, what's the point? Let's go ahead and work for out for a 1 1/2 and then once we cool down, we are going to shut down McDonalds, is that how it works? That's a great workout program; please sign me up!! You would think that there would be some healthier alternatives on display there (ummm GNC?), but it's the total opposite which is mind boggling to me. I just wanted to know if it is the same at your gym?

My friend told me to have patience. Patience is something that I am working on everyday. Being an only child, and now having a son, it's a work in progress. But I hope my friends remember this patience conversation the next time my friend requests something to be done expeditiously.:) Patience is truly something I desire.

1 comment:

QuietStorm said...

My gym that I rarely goes to actually has pizza nites every Tuesday lol. I think the reasoning is that u dont have to give up EVERYTHING to be fit and healthy. And no1 will judge u cuz u want a slice every now and then. I can undrstand that. But I think the fast food coupons are a tad silly in the gym hahha. U just gonna have 2 be realll disciplined. Me..I'd be tryin to get a deal on a Big Mac LOL!